Friday, April 22, 2011

Life highlight #1: Holding a human brain

I've been laid up for three days with a cold, trying to take it e-a-s-y to make sure it passes well before the busy week next week for P's big book launch.

Laying here at 2:23am on the couch, not sleepy after having napped all evening...

Reading something online got me to thinking about a few life highlights...

And one of them is holding a human brain, at Dartmouth, in the middle of the night, on JB's offer. It was so fun to walk across campus, sneak in the back of the building and into a lab on the third floor (four floors about the sub-basement where JB spent most of his waking hours). He pulled it out of a huge glass jar of formaldehyde and handed it to me.

It's smaller than I thought it would be, considering how much credit I give it for controlling my life.

It was pretty amazing though.

No comments: