Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Nichole Sheree Wyatt, R.I.P.


My best friend, Nikki, died 14 years ago today. She was beautiful, inside and out, and loved me patiently and unconditionally. Somedays I'm sad, thinking I wasn't able to offer the love she deserved.

She was smart, and funny, and didn't take shit from anyone. We spent months together during summers, after her family moved a state over. We'd alternate between my house and hers, summer after summer. Our families accepted our close friendship, and welcomed each of us into their homes for weeks on end.

One summer while we were at my house, boys came by for us to sneak out in the middle of the night. Nikki was tired, uninterested, and couldn't be bothered. So when I got brought home by the cops a few hours later, I got in a lot less trouble since she had stayed home. Good old Nikki!

She was beautiful, a cross between Michelle Pfeiffer and Angelina Jolie, but her heart radiated the most bountiful love and acceptance.

Oh, I miss her so... I love you, Nik, you're always in my heart, and our memories I'll cherish til the day I die.

No comments: